We strive to be an industry leader by exemplifying that a business can operate profitably while reducing negative impacts on the environment.
The landscaping industry traditionally relies heavily on the use of fuel, chemicals, and natural resources. We are proactive about identifying innovative opportunities to reduce our environmental impact while continuing to provide quality service.
In a demonstration of our commitment to sustainability, we recently committed to reducing our insecticide use to only those listed on the San Francisco Tier III list.
Other focus areas for our sustainability initiatives include:
- Reducing waste at the office and in the field through robust recycling programs
- Reducing use of fossil fuels and toxic chemicals
- Reducing emissions produced in landscaping services
- Testing out new equipment and purchasing energy efficient equipment
- Collecting and using rainwater, conserving water, and reducing potable water use
- Investing in technology to make crews more efficient
- Educating for vendors, clients , and employees on sustainable landscaping practices
- Buy soil conditioners and compost from green waste and enzyme-growing medium
- Company volunteerism required for managers and office staff
- Charitable giving in the community
- Benefits for employees at all levels
- Horticulturally-correct landscaping practices
- Innovative new services and alternatives to traditional services
- An endowment dedicated to horticultural education